Wednesday 19 September 2012

Raw fig and blackberry tart


Hi guys!

So I am back from Bali and before I tell you more about it and some delicious foods and great yoga I had there, I wanted to share this recipe I made this week, with deliciously ripe fresh figs, one of my favorite fruit in the world...
This is a very easy one, raw, so no need to cook and no risk of burning the tin!

Raw fig and blackberry tart

Crust
1 1/2 cups Almonds
1 1/2 cups Medjol Dates
1 tsp Sea salt
1 tsp Vanilla essence

Put everything in a food processor and mix until sticky (I like to keep some chunky almonds for some crunch). Press the mixture in a tart tin and reserve.

Filling
1 vanilla pod
2 1/2 TBSP Agave syrup
5 fresh figs
1 small punnet of blackberries

Make a syrup by mixing the vanilla beans and the agave.
Slice the figs and gently mix them with the syrup. Add the blackberries.
Nicely place the figs on the crust, add the blackberries and drizzle with the rest of the syrup, if there is any left. 
Enjoy!! 








3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this !

    ReplyDelete
  2. those figs are STUNNING. I just picked up some figs and they are nowhere near as beautiful as these...le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always the same problem. For these quantities what size tart tin. Hard to tell from the pics.

    ReplyDelete