Monday 28 January 2013

Breakfast/ Snack bars


We were on a long day walk the other day when I came up with the idea of making a breakfast/snack bar I could take along with me whenever, wherever. I had made the mistake that morning to not eat any breakfast thinking I wasn't hungry so why should I eat if I am not hungry... I was reminded why a few hours later!
The good thing is that it gave me the idea to make up a recipe for those bars and here they are for you now!
They are ultra easy to make and you can keep them for at least a week in a closed container.

Et voila, the recipe, pour vous:

Breakfast bars

- 1/4 Cup brown linseed
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup dried figs
- 2 Tbsp Hemp protein powder
- 1/4 Cup coconut sugar

Put the linseeds in a bowl with the water and let it sit for about 15min.

Grind the oats in a food processor. Add the almonds, pumpkin seeds and figs and process until roughly ground. Place in a bowl.
Add the linseed and water mixture, mix well and add the hemp protein and sugar. Mix well.
Shape your bars and place them on a baking sheet.
Bake in the oven for about 15min. Let them cool down. Eat! or store...




No comments:

Post a Comment